Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Flu-ridden


Natural Sphinx - near Sallagh Braes

Feeling pretty dire today. There is a virulent flu going around and boy am I smit!
The days are getting shorter now. It's noticeably darker at 7pm. There is a real autumnal feel to the place. Trees are already turning orange and gold.
Work at the Zen Centre is continuing apace although I haven't been down recently. It's strange how committee meetings for this organisation nearly always turn into shouting matches. Perhaps its because it touches the very heart of some people's spirituality or perhaps there just argumentative buggers!
Anyway the next big event is the arrival of Robert Kennedy a zen Jesuit in early December. Looking forward to see how he melds these two spiritualities.
Listening to a fado artiste Mariza - fabulous voice. Some of her songs bring a tear to my eye aswell as alump to my throat together with raising the hair at the back of my neck. Hold that thought!
Gambling wise I've been pretty good. Won back about half my losses so far backing value horses. I'm still prone to impulsive bets though like the £30 I've wagered on ten different scores in some of tonights Champions League matches.
Leave you with something that tickled my funnybone

1 Comments:

Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 2, 2005 at 12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home