Thursday, October 07, 2004

Back to Square One


Lone Tree

Pride comes before a fall.
Lost around £311 today on the horses. Luckily I had slowly built up slightly more than this amount over the past couple of week so I haven't gone into fresh money yet. Makes it all seem a bit pointless though.
I usually bet on a few horses in every race varying the stakes. I also bet on several potential correct score outcomes with the possibility of backing heavily at very short odds if my initial picks are incorrect. What I also included in my plan was that if I ever lost £100 in a session I would lay the favourite in the next race for £100 to make up the loss. Today I was down £71 when I decided to lay Blythe Spirit at odds of about 2.8. I stood to lose £194 if the horse won. Every horse won today at Wolverhampton!
Laying is a bloody dangerous business especially if you get a run of favourites against you. Luckily I didn't chase my losses - the next favourite also won.
I feel gutted about the waste of time involved in building up a bank only to see it disappear in an afternoon.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home