Friday, October 29, 2004

Ah the folly...


Bog Cotton

I'm back from the real world for a while! Thought I had found a foolproof system and was making around two hundred pounds a day until I hit a bad patch and lost most of my winnings in an afternoon!
Thankyou Anthony for the invitation to post to your new weblog. I'd be pleased to. Perhaps the best way would be to post a permanent link. I'm not quite offe with the technicalities of all this myself so would welcome any tips.
Been out and about at the Queen's Festival. Watched Nollaig Casey play sublime fiddle at the Elmwood Hall last Sunday accompanied by the ever-dry Arty McGlynn on guitar. Then Sean Keane joined them with singing and whistle playing.
Tonight went on a deliberately solitary foray to Clonard to listen to Rautavaara's music. Nearly fell asleep during some of it and sat bolt upright at other times. Great colour and tones. A woman thanked me for my insights. Probably mad.
Tomorrow I hope to get out and about again - the Ulster Way beckons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home